Sunday 22 May 2016

Dialogue in the Dark

Experiencing Dialogue in the Dark for the first time was an experience I will never forget. The entire journey was filled with emotions. It started with excitement, followed by anxiety and then sadness. Excited - because I was about to experience something new. The anxiety started when we started on the journey of being in complete darkness. I couldn't see anything. I was afraid because we could only depend on our tour guide and a walking stick. As we walk on, sadness came. It occurred to me that there are people who have to go through this every single day. Our guide is the perfect example. It was a pity I was not able to meet our amazing guide in person. Our guide is a humorous person. Just from hearing his voice, I could tell that he is a very happy and positive person. For someone who is visually impaired, and could be this positive, it made me more appreciative of what I have now. It has also taught me how simple happiness can be. There really isn't anything I should complain about anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment