Saturday 16 May 2015

School & TYA

Okay, i just need to update about school. 
Well, school has been nothing but a disaster. Okay, disaster is too strong a word to use. Maybe it's like pretty horrible. 
The modules this sem are honestly not as tough as last sem's.. But it's just my laziness that is making me lag behind everyone so much. It's like i'm not meant to study at all. Week 4 of Term 1 just ended, and i actually FINALLY planned my schedule for the week. But i just had to be sick, so i had totally no energy and mood to study or do work at all. SIGH. 
On another note, my classmates are crazily smart. I feel like i'm at the bottom of my class already.-_- 
I constantly remind myself that i have to study and catch up on my GPA. But.... :((
So for now, i'll just catch up at my own pace. And get back to studying.

OH OH. Before that, i just want to say that, i FINALLY really really really enjoy volunteering at Touch Young Arrow via my CCA- BP-NP Mentoring. I used to feel that it was really hard for me to fit in because the kids don't seem to open up to me much, and i actually thought they didn't like me. :( However, as time passes, they opened up to me, and talked to me like a friend. And today, i was just, really happy. It's like everything I've done is worth it. 
The smiles they give to me, the little hugs, fighting over me to teach them (HAHA), simple gestures like walking out and shouting "TEACHER!! BYEBYE!" and then wave to me, the little "Thank you-s"... Sigh. :')
The weekly routine of going for session and not giving up on them, is all worth it. 
I hope that one day, when the kids that i'm teaching graduates from TYA, i would have made a difference in their lives. And that, would fulfill my purpose of joining this club, and my life purpose as a whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment